The Portsmouth NH Long Beer Weekend is a celebration of beer, culminating in the release of Kate the Great at the Portsmouth Brewery on Monday, March 7. With the help of local establishments and partnerships with breweries, our goal is the increase Portsmouth's footprint on the national craft beer map. To get updated information on Twitter, check out #pcbw, #pbw2011
2-6-11: New Events have been added to the schedule...
2-27-11: New menu specials and information about the Redhook Tweet up have been added to the schedule...
To learn more about this weekend-long event and how you can get involved, click here
“Meet the Brewers” at the Portsmouth Brewery. Brewers from Smuttynose and the Portsmouth Brewery will be on hand to meet and talk beer. If you have a "burning" question that you always wanted to ask, now's your time. If not, just stop by to meet the folks who make great beer. When: Wednesday, March 2nd. Start Time: 6:30-8:30. Location: Portmouth Brewery. more
Gather your friends and join us on Saturday March 5th for the first annual Smuttynose Pub Crawl during the Portsmouth Beer Weekend. The “Tapping of the Barrels” will begin at the Coat of Arms at 2p.m. The crawl will then move from the Blue Mermaid Island Grill to Fat Belly’s Grill and Bar to Poco's Bow Street Cantina to River House to RiRa Restaurant and end at The Press Room. more....
Reminder: Please try to bring cash, rather than using a Credit card at each location.
Kate the Great is a Russian Imperial Stout brewed by Todd Mott, brewmaster at the Portsmouth Brewery. Once every year the brewery holds a one-day bottle release party, and subsequent keg tapping, for which droves of beer lovers descend upon Portsmouth.more
- Bottle sales will no longer be first come first serve, but partons of the Portsmouth Brewery have the opportunity to purchase a special scratch ticket. (10,000 will be made and they can be purchased for $2.00 a piece - Only at the Portsmouth Brewery).
- AA winning scratch ticket has no cash value - it merely entitles the bearer to purchase a single bottle of Kate at his or her convenience any time from March 7 through April 15, 2011.
- The price of bottles has increased from $10 to $15.
- The official tapping of Kate will take place around 12:30-ish.
- UPDATE: Scratch tickets sold out in 2 days!!
Located on Bow Street, in the historic Portsmouth Brewing Co. building (c. 1880), the Ale House Inn is Portsmouth's only boutique, urban inn. Centrally located in the Market Square district, we are surrounded by all the shops, restaurants, cafes, and historic sites that make Portsmouth so special.
Beer Lovers Special: When booking your reservation, enter 2011 Beer Weekend" in the Special Request field to receive a complimentary 12 pack of beer, beer schwag and discounts to local restaurants during your stay.
Book your reservations fast - soon, there will be no room at the Inn. http://www.alehouseinn.com/